Sunday, April 10, 2016

DIY Crochet Humor Mug

I purchased my Cricut for my birthday 6 months ago and I'm not just making a mug. I've been busy picking up new hobbies like Knitting

I've had this Dollar Tree mug for some time now. I was going to use a sharpie to decorate it but decided it would be perfect for my first (non HTV) vinyl project).

I found the "Hooker" file online and cleaned it up in Photoshop. I used my iPhone to pull it up on the Design Space app and print! LOVE the wifi feature on the Explore Air. Now I wish I didn't return the iPad I bought myself last year. It would be easier to work in than my iPhone 6 Plus. I guess it could be worse. It could be an iPhone 4 haha!

Materials used:

Cricut Explore Air 
Paper Cutter
Mug
Vinyl
Scissors
Contact paper (from Dollar Tree)
Cutting mat and tools
and I used my iPhone's Design Space app (there's no laptop in my craft room)


I saved the project from my desktop and pulled it up on my phone. After I measured the vinyl, I placed it on the mat (film side down) and cut the picture of the yarn and the "hooker" word.


After weeding, I transferred it to the contact paper




Carefully, attach to the mug. Use the flat piece that came with machine to smooth out.


No comments:

Post a Comment