Friday, June 6, 2014

DIY Newborn Stand

I'm expecting my 3rd baby boy this September and wanted to make a newborn stand for his newborn photos. I've made the backdrop stands with PVC pipes but I've been wanting to make the one that goes around the beanbag so the blanket will look smoother... 

First I measured my beanbag and added a few inches to the top and more on sides. My bean bag is approx 15" high and 26" squared. 



SUPPLIES:

3/4" PVC pipes:

7 - 43 inches 
4 - 19 inches
2 - 24 inches

PVC cutter
(or have someone cut it for you at your hardware store) 
Measure tape
Notepad & pen

PVC connectors:

4 - 3way (ordered online on eBay)
4 - Elbows 
2 - T


INSTRUCTIONS:

Measure PVC pipes
(I had to write mine down) 
Cut your PVC pipes 



ASSEMBLE. Really, that's it. Haha
I don't glue it because I need to break it down for storage or travel to a client's house.

I'm a visual person so this helps me...



You can get the clips from the hardware store too.

Scout is my model :)



7 comments:

  1. Hello, can you send me the link to where you got the 3 way connectors? Also, do you have an approximate price for building this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I don't remember where I bought the corner pieces. I just did a search in eBay and found the cheapest for the size I need. The PVC pipes were 10 feet long and about $2 each and the pipe cutter was under $10 at Harbour Freight but you can always get it cut if you know your sizes from the hardware store. SOrry... I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phanessa! Thanks for providing all the sizes needed for making this newborn photo stand! I've seen similar stands on other "pin" sites, but never have they provided the exact measurements or pieces needed! I've been looking for something like this for my photo business as well! Thank you so much! I'm glad to know that it can be broken down when not needed, as I have storage issues too! :) I have a Harbor Freight close to me, so I know where to find the PVC cutters now! Thanks, you're an angel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennie! You are very welcome! Glad it was helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is extremely helpful! Thank you! May I ask where you got the beanbag?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! You're welcome! I don't remember where I got the bean bag. You think it was at a Marshalls or Ross.

    ReplyDelete