Wednesday, January 1, 2014

DIY Onesie Suspenders


I love holidays, any holiday!... Okay wait, does Valentine's Day count?? Haha

I'm getting ready for a Valentine's mini session and since my boys are always my first models, I needed an outfit. Unfortunately we've all caught a bug over the holidays and I'm not in the mood to go shopping. 

I saw & pinned several projects for onesies and thought I'm pretty sure I have all the supplies for a suspender onesie. 

SUPPLIES:

Plain white onesie
Ribbon for suspenders
Ribbon for bow tie (you can use the same ribbon so it matches) I had to use yarn
Sewing Machine & coordinating thread
Pins
2 D rings (optional)
Safety pin


DIRECTIONS:

Measure and cut the ribbon from under the flaps of onsie near neck to bottom of onesie. 

Pin it and sew ribbon to onesie. 


Fold ribbon under and sew along edges. I ended up only seeing the top and bottom (and not along the length of ribbon) I also decided not to use D rings because the ones I had were too heavy duty for a baby.  


Sew edges of small ribbon (bow)



Wrap a smaller piece of ribbon in the middle to pick (I ran out! So I used grey yarn) Make sure the seam is in the middle. 


Slip a safety pin on the back side (do not leave bow on baby while playing) I'm using this as a photo prob. You might want to sew it to onesie for safety. I wanted mine detachable. (You can use Velcro too)


 Attach to onesie. Isn't that cute? Took like 5 minutes!


In this photo I crocheted a red bow and attached it using a safety pin (and that's why it had to be detachable!)


No comments:

Post a Comment