Thursday, January 2, 2014

Kissing Booth Prop

Happy New Year! ... And I'm already frantically calling around to see if the stores stocked their shelves with Valentines decor! 

When I originally thought about making the booth, I had planned to make a bigger one using pallets and cutting wood, nails, glue etc. but I decided to work with what I have because this is probably going to be temporary and disposable. 

SUPPLIES:

Wooden Crate - from the craft store. I already had one that my husband stained for me. 

White Foam Board - Dollar Tree

Packing Tape

Box Cutter

Red Marker

Valentine decorations 

DIRECTIONS:

1) Measure two 2" strips the long ways of the foam board 


2) Cut out the pieces. I did not cut so straight but planned on wrapping decorations over it later anyway. 



See? Not so straight!



3) Cut the desired size for your sign

4) Stand crate on its side and stick the 2 inch pieces in


5) Put the sign above it and mark the back (just so you know where to tape the sign)



6) Lay the sign down and lay the 2 inch pieces on top lining it up to your markings. Tape it. I chose to use tape because foam boards are so light that you don't really need strong adhesive. 


7) I used a pen (in red) first to write my letters and then used my son's red marker to color it in. 



8) I purchased these in red & purple. I wrapped the 2 inch pieces with them. 
 


The garlands, felt hearts, bubblegum dispensers and candies were all from the Dollar Tree. This is why it being "disposal" is okay with me. 
 
Here's my lil munchkin:


Update: added more decorations and the 5 cent sign (paper cut out taped to foam hearts)


No comments:

Post a Comment