Thursday, September 17, 2015

DIY Ladder Ball Stand


So hubby wanted a ladder ball game for our camp trips. He purchased some balls on clearance and since it seemed pretty easy to make the stands, I did. The total cost for the PVC pipes were about $17 at Home Depot. I've seen them made in slightly different sizes but most of them were 2 feet  wide and 1 foot in between each level. I just went off this tutorial. Below is what I used for 2 stands.

SUPPLIES:

5 - 10 foot 3/4" PVC pipes
12 Elbow Connectors 
12 "T" Connectors
PVC Cutter
Pen/Marker
Measuring Tape
Glue (if you plan to glue them together)
Spray Paint

DIRECTIONS:

Cut your PVC pipes in the following sizes

18 - 24 inch pieces (9 each stand)
12 - 12 inch pieces (6 each stand)



Mark your pipes and cut all the pieces. You'll ended up with an extra 24" piece.



My cute little helper. Okay, more like... destroyer! I sent his older brothers outside to play after dinner. So it's just me & him.




Put them together and you're done! Okay, I'm not done because I want to paint parts of it. 

I decided I don't want to glue them because we'll take them apart and put it in a bag to transport when we go camping.

When I finished them, little man thought it would be fun to push it around like a walker... I guess he's just practicing walking (on his knees!). Hopefully he'll master that soon!




Now, let's paint! When I searched, they were mostly primary colors - blue, yellow and red. I wanted to go with other colors ^_^ - Orange, Yellow and a lighter blue.

I was having some issues with wind blowing on my drop cloth and ruining the paint on the PVC... I didn't think this through and had to get the pipes off the ground using rocks. Guess we'll have color rock added back into our landscape!






Fun for my boys!






1 comment: