Friday, July 11, 2014

Reading Nook

In our home, we make it mandatory to read to our kids every night. I wanted to create a space that was his own. Back in 2012 I made the Pillow Mattress and picked up a few other things at Ikea to make this reading area for my 2 year old.

The following Items are from Ikea:

Bookshelf
Sheer curtains (hangs from ceiling)
2 Lack Coffee Tables (zipped tied) for the bench
Pillow Mattress that I made using sheets & pillows from Ikea 

There are two canvas bins below to store his toys. I purchased these at Walmart. You can get them anywhere but these were on clearance for $4-5 each!

I placed one of those anti slip things for your drawers on top of the bench to prevent the pillows from slipping. I also added some old throw safari pillows from Target on there.


Logan at 2 years old enjoying his reading nook


He's now 4 and prefers to read sitting on a chair lol and stores his stuffed animals on the bench but that's okay. He enjoyed it when I first made it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment