Monday, September 22, 2014

Updated Wood Chair

I bought a cheap dining set from Ikea waaaaay back (I can't remember how long ago). I gave it to my mom to use as a desk because it's rather small for my new house. I kept one chair (it came with a set of 4). I wanted to paint it teal and use it as a photography prop. I think I will be using it at my computer desk just so I'm not having to find somewhere to store it. 


I actually started this while pregnant but never finished. It sat in the shed for a couple of months. 

Since we recently updated my night stands, I figured I might as well finish the chair. 

My awesome husband lightly sanded the surfaces. 



These are the spray paints I'll be using:


I used the Krylon Primer this time (lesson learned last time!
I cheated by skipping the primer and wish I hadn't).


I used the Rust-Oleum Satin Lagoon color. There was a little breeze so I had to place rocks on the plastic to prevent it from sticking it to the chair...
(Remove hardware first if you don't want to paint over them!)


I finished it off with Krylon Matte Finish.











No comments:

Post a Comment