Saturday, March 21, 2015

Wooden Teether Rings


I made a crochet teether using a wooden ring and wear it on my neck for my baby but then I was browsing Pinterest and saw this tutorial and it was just too cute not to make one! I pretty much followed her exact instructions. 

SUPPLIES

For 2 Teethers 

2 Natural Wooden Rings
4 - 14"x4" Fabric Pieces (Using Flannel on one side and cotton on the other)
Scissors/Rotary cutter
Sewing Machine/Thread
Iron (optional)





INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut the fabric pieces into this shape (mine isn't perfect but it doesn't matter).


2. With the right side of the fabric on the inside, sew around the edges leaving about a 1.5-2 inch opening to turn your work inside out.



3. Cut the edges on each corner. Here is where I tried her method and I tried trimming it closer to the stitches. I found that it was easier just trimming it (good to know for next time!).


Turn your work inside out (right side of fabric should be on the outside).


4. Iron flat once the right side is on the outside. sew along the outside all the way around with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.



5. Slip the fabric through rings and tuck the ends into the loop of the fabric. I didn't seal mine with oil & beeswax like she did. 







No comments:

Post a Comment