Sunday, March 22, 2015

DIY Baby Taggie Inspired Blanket with Teething Ring


When I made the Wooden Teether Rings & Teething Necklace, I had some fabric laying around and I wanted to make a little blanket for Dustin with tags on it (I guess I'm not allowed to use the word "Taggies" since it's patent).

SUPPLIES:

(2) 8x9 Fabric pieces. Mine were cotton and flannel
Ribbons - I used different types and textures 
Batting 
Wooden Ring

INSTRUCTIONS:

Cut your fabric to the size you want. Mine were supposed to be 9x9 but it turned out to be 8x9. Oh well. haha


Face your fabric with the right side of fabric on the inside. I cut the corner of my fabric because I had envisioned it to look like this:


Fold your ribbons in half and pin them on the inside (when you turn it inside out, it will be on the outside edge).


Lay your batting on top and pin all the layers together.


Sew around the edges leaving space to turn inside out. I left the little cut (angled) corner open. Trim the edges and corner. Turn inside out.


Tuck the fabric in. Slip the ribbon in the wood ring and slide it in between the fabric. Sew all the way around the blanket.



I love how it turned out!


Look! It matches the Wooden Teething Ring!


1 comment: