Sunday, March 15, 2015

Homemade Play Dough



My son's preschool is asking for donations. There was a list of things on the paper sent home. Since Logan enjoys making things, I figured we can make the Homemade Play Dough and Colored Craft Pasta.

INGREDIENTS:

2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Salt
2 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil (or any oil)
1.5 Cups of Boiling Water

Food Coloring 


















INSTRUCTIONS:

Mix the flour, salt & cream of tartar in a large bowl. 

Add Oil & stir

Add food coloring to boiling water.
Pour boiling water slowly into bowl and stir (be careful it's HOT!)

Keep stirring until mixture becomes doughy 

Let cool

Knead until the right consistency 

(I have made play dough using the stove and boiling water. I think I prefer cooking it.)





No comments:

Post a Comment