Wednesday, May 6, 2015

DIY Lego Pinata


My eldest son turns 5 in less than a week! I can't believe how much time has passed. We tried so hard to get pregnant and when it finally happened, we were so happy! Once he arrived, the next 2 arrived shortly after. With all the craziness that is raising 3 little boys under 5 years old, time seems to slip by without notice! It's bitter sweet.

I held him the other day and stared at him while he laughed. He had no idea why I was just staring at him but whatever he thought I was doing kept him laughing and giggling that infectious laugh. *sigh* my little baby boy who I haven't stopped to really stare at isn't looking so little anymore :(

Anyway, I can go on forever reminiscing about him being a little baby. In the end, he will always be my baby...

Back to the pinata. He asked for one for his birthday. We were at a birthday party where they had one and he asked "When it's my birthday, can we have a pinata too mommy?" This was November. He still remembers 5 months later :)

I probably should have just bought one because there's so much to do and so very little time but being crazy me, I decided to make one. I was thinking something easy and perhaps already a boxy shape because I plan to use a cardboard box. My husband grabbed one of his beer boxes. Perfect! A Lego pinata! lol

Supplies I used:

36 Pack Budweiser (King of beers!)
Paper Cups
Tissue Paper (tissue for gift bags)
Scissors
Ribbons
Glue Stick
Hot Glue

Directions:
 Before you start, cut an area for the opening (to put candy/treats inside). I just made the opening of the handles larger.




Cut the cups to the desired size. Cutting the bottom like this (see photo) helps me use the tabs to glue the cups to the box.

Cut strips of tissue paper. I used red because the box was mostly red. Mine were about 4 inches. These will be folded in half so they will be 2 inch strips.



Glue the cups to the box.


Use a ribbon or whatever you want to tie the top.



How fun is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment