Friday, May 8, 2015

Upcycled Newborn Hat & Headband (from a sweater)

I recently made a Newborn Pant from this same sweater. A few days later, I was able to make the knotted hat.. and with the scraps, I made a little flower tieback.

I used the front of the sweater for the pants. One sleeve was big enough for the hat. I can make TWO hats out of the sweater with both sleeves. How cool is that?!?!

First, I cut the sleeve into what looks like an upside down funnel.  
Then, I sewed the edges together with the sleeve inside out. I made sure to triple check this time since I failed to put the right sides together for the pants (still kicking myself on the behind for that!).
Now, flip it inside out so the RIGHT side is on the outside. Tie a knot and you're done!



For the tie back, I used a scrap pieces and cut out designs (if that's what you want to call it).


Using a needle and thread, stitch through the inside (opposite of where you just cut).


Glue 3 beads to the top and and elastic band to the bottom side. I used the same yarn I used for the drawstrings on the pants so it matches.





No comments:

Post a Comment