Thursday, November 13, 2014

Homemade Vapor Rub

I just finished making Shower Vapor Discs & my house smells lovely from all the essential oils :)

I wanted to make vapor rub for my kiddos (I read new safety issues with using some of these oils on kids! - I will no longer use this on them!) but all the recipes I found on Pinterest includes beeswax which I don't have :(

I decided to omit the beeswax because the coconut oil is "waxy" anyway and should work. 

I knew I saved my face cream jar for a reason! It was the perfect size for the rub. 

INGREDIENTS/SUPPLIES:

3 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, Melted
25 Drops Eucalyptus Oil
5 Drops Rosemary Oil
2 Drops Lavender Oil
5 Drops Peppermint Oil (added after I already made it - much better!)

Empty Jar



It's the cold and flu season so the weather is a little cooler which means the coconut oil is hard. I melted 3 tablespoons of oil (which fit perfectly into my jar). 

Then I added the essential oils. Mix it up. 

I stuck it in the freezer hoping to harden it so I can use it soon. it only took about 10 minutes! It was a workout rubbing it on my 4 year old because he is ticklish! 


This is for my personal use and not in any way medical advice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment